Benefits of Joining AFP International
There’s a lot AFP has to offer. We invite you to sit back, grab a cup of coffee and give us a few minutes to briefly walk you through the many benefits of membership in AFP—benefits designed for today’s fundraiser. Click here to view the presentation.
Prefer the written word? Below are major benefits you’ll receive when you join the Association of Fundraising Professionals. When you’re ready to join, either download and submit the membership invitation or join online and become a part of the world’s largest community of charitable fundraisers.
Information and Research
Library services, publications, and research keep AFP members up to date on the latest information on fundraising practices.
- AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research, and information on public policy.
- The AFP Fundraising Resource Center staff are available to research and locate answers to your fundraising questions from over 3,200 reference works.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- The AFP Consultants and Resource Directory is a comprehensive annual listing of consultants and resource partners ready to meet your organization’s needs.
- AFP members have access to the AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
Membership provides access to continuing education opportunities offered locally and through the International Headquarters. Members receive discounts on registration fees.
- AFP’s local chapters offer you a chance to network and attend meetings, educational programs, and social events.
- AFP’s International Conference is held each spring and brings nearly 4,000 fundraising professionals together to discuss, teach, and learn about new development issues. It offers over 200 educational sessions designed to serve the development needs of participants from entry level to highly experienced. The Conference exhibit hall features over 300 vendors.
- The AFP Web/Audioconferences are a series of 90-minute programs on topics most requested from the AFP Fundraising Resource Center.
- Through collaboration with other professional organizations, AFP offers a discount to members who pursue the benchmark of professional development through the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification Program.
- The Executive Leadership Institute offers senior-level professionals an overview of the historical, philosophical, and theoretical bases for philanthropy. The Executive Management Institute offers discussion and analysis of important management issues for the fundraising professional. The Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) credential is designed for senior-level fundraising executives.
Members receive the following discounts:
- Members receive discounts on items available in the AFP Marketplace and Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
- AFP offers a variety of member discount and affinity programs, including overnight delivery discounts, rental car discounts, and more.